NCS Sessional Group Assistant in Salford
Opportunity to support a team of young people on the NCS programme during the summer holidays with flexible start dates available.
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a national initiative working to provide positive experiences for young people and their communities. Group Assistants will support and work collaboratively with the Group Leader and be responsible for a cohort of 15 young people aged 15-17 years old (school leavers) inspiring and motivating them across a 3 week period. Successful candidates will help to supervise the group across one 4 night residential and then help to plan and deliver a beneficial social action project for the following 2 weeks. You will be involved with a national initiative to shape young people and improve communities.
The summer National Citizen Service programme is for a 4 week period, however as a Group Assistant you join during week 2 and therefore support the team for 3 weeks on:
- A 5 day (4 night) University residential in Manchester.
- 2 youth led weeks of social action project planning & delivery that will benefit the local community.
- At least 30 hours of social action work.
All candidates must be dynamic team-players, capable of motivating and inspiring young people.
We have various start and end dates available during July and August 2018. Please see the job description for the specific dates.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The National Citizen Service Group Assistant will be responsible for:
- The Health and safety and behaviour management of the group
- Pastorally caring for the group.
- Enhancing the young people's skills, confidence, personal and social development.
- Assisting with the delivery of sessions to the young people.
- Knowledge of the National Citizen Service Programme.
- Knowledge and understanding of Child Protection.
- Some Knowledge and understanding of the range issues relevant to and affecting young people and their participation in the programme, including equality and diversity.
- Experience of working with young people through your education, work or volunteering.
- Working to personal targets.
- Ability to relate well to young people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to form relationships with young people.
- Ability to manage boundaries with young people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An empathetic approach.
What we offer:
- The rates of pay are £1075 for the 15 day contract
- Training opportunity: first aid & safeguarding
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Fun working environment
- No degree required - experience/ passion for working with young people
- Real interest to work with young people
To apply for this role please visit the Salford Foundation website and download a short application form.
- Education Level
- College, University, Other
- Type of Contract
- Summer / Holiday Jobs, Temporary Full Time
- Salary indication
- Responsible for
- Supporting a team of young people aged 15-17 years old
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required