This internship role is a one-off opportunity to gain hands-on experience of supporting the set-up, development, implementation and follow-up the charity’s second Bladder Cancer Awareness Walk in May 2018. This is a local event, to be held in Chinnor, Oxfordshire on 28th May 2018 but will be rolled-out nationally across the UK. The Bladder Cancer Awareness Walk is the UK- implementation of a global initiative that is already effective as a fundraising campaign in America and Canada. The staff and volunteer team at Fight Bladder Cancer is made up of 2 full-time staff; and 3 part-time staff and 20 volunteers that support the charity on a regular basis. It is a growing charity with huge ambition and a highly receptive and engaged supporter base. The Bladder Cancer Awareness Walk is set to become the charity’s flagship awareness and fundraising campaign and in 2018 we want to build momentum started back in May 2017 by growing numbers of participants, increasing income and gaining greater awareness and publicity. If you’re interested in a developing skills and experience in a charity workplace, passionate about event organisation, intrigued about working in a patient or health environment, or thinking of a career in fundraising then this opportunity might be the one for you. We can guarantee you learning on the job; great line-management from an experienced charity professional; fabulous team-work; and the knowledge that your work is making a real difference in people’s lives.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM FIGHT BLADDER CANCER
• You will develop first-hand experience of event fundraising, and will be given a personal reference for future employment through evidence of successful delivery.
• You will gain an outstanding insight of multiple charity projects and how a small charity operates.
• You will gain experience of collaborative working, donor communication and an in depth understanding of fundraising principles
• Effective delivery in the post could leverage a fundraising job in the third sector.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Relationship Management: Daily contact and relationship management with individual supporters, donors, volunteers around the development of the Bladder Cancer Awareness Walk. Being a point of contact for registration and fundraising enquiries about the walk and representing Fight Bladder Cancer in the most efficient and responsive light.
2. Fundraising Administration: Keeping excellent records, data and notes from all event development meetings, committees, updating contact management systems, monitoring progress and reporting regularly on progress, both in writing and verbally to varied stakeholders.
3. Donor Care: establishing systems and processes for receiving donations, thanking donations and inputting data for future use onto the Fight Bladder Cancer Database (Salesforce), complying with Fundraising Regulations, the Data Protection Act / General Data Protection Regulation and other information management legislation and good practice.
Specific development tasks for the May 2018 Bladder Cancer Awareness Walk will include:
Very flexible working pattern - 2 days per week minimum
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free