What are you going to do
Responsibilities will include:
- Designs interior spaces, including permanent architectural details and temporary elements.
- Assessing and meeting client requirements and desires through regular communication.
- Producing concept boards. sketches, drawings, and floor plans to illustrate concepts and finished projects using computer-aided design programs (CAD) and hand-drawing skills. Support and training available.
- Creates idea boards to communicate design concepts to clients.
- Selects design strategies and colour palettes to create cohesive and aesthetically pleasing environments.
- Enhance and improve interior spaces' functionality by modifying architectural elements and arranging furnishings, artwork, and decor.
- Creates project budgets, including materials and labour.
- Establishes project timelines and coordinates work activity, vendor involvement, and outside contractors as necessary.
- Negotiates pricing for materials and labour
- Maintains relationships with vendors and outside contractors, and hires out work as necessary.
- Participates in regular networking opportunities and actively develops a client base.
- Performs research and maintains a working knowledge of trends and new developments in the interior design and architecture worlds.
- Adheres to national and local building and safety codes with every design element
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Works closely with various colleagues, including architects, artists, contractors, painters, upholsterers, and building inspectors.
This is an intern/work experience role for 6 months with a possibility to secure a 2nd 6 months term with higher commission threshold, and chance to apply for a permanent contract on completion of 2 intern terms and any current studies.
What we offer:
- 1st tier commission rate on net project value available for first 6 months.
- 2nd tier commission rate on net project value available during 2nd 6 months term for successful candidates.
- Opportunity to apply for permanent contract with basic salary, commission, and bonus schemes upon completion of 2 intern terms.
- Work remotely majority of the time, and in your own space.
- Stiffen/travel/lunch expenses paid for on actual office days when required to meet in person.
- Support and training throughout.
- Excellent opportunity for portfolio building with real-time hands-on project involvement.
What we ask:
- You should be registered as a university student
- Minimum diploma certificate or currently studying a relevant design degree – Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Spatial Design, Heritage Interior Design, Retail Design, other degrees considered (please get in touch).
- Confidence to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Desire to gain experience in the interior design field.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good computer skills, include use of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook), as well as the internet.
- Photoshop, CAD, drawing skills advantageous but not compulsory.
- Ability to read and understand floor and wall plans.
- Education Level
- College, University
- Working hours per week
- 32 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Salary indication
£0 per month
- Responsible for
- Design Consulting
- Type of Job
- Design / Fashion, Technical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required