Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Job Title: Aircraft Dispatcher
Department / Business Area: OCC
Location: Hangar 1, Manchester Airport
Job Purpose:. To proactively manage all aspects of Group Airlines flight dispatch, to deliver the highest level of on time performance, at the optimum cost to the operation. Within a safe, secure and customer-focused environment
• Responsible for overseeing all flight dispatch related tasks on a day to day basis including, but not limited to;
o Monitoring all flights plans through AOS
o Calculation of ETOPS flight plans
o Where required, calculating re-clearance scenarios
o Ensure accurate flight documentation is available to all operating crews in a timely manner
o Co-ordinate and manage all ATC slots, re-routing where required to maximise OTP and cost efficiency
• Close liaison with the GDOM, Group ATC Services Manager and Back Office to ensure effective communication across the OCC teams.
• To proactively manage delays & disruption affecting the flying programme, ensuring minimal passenger disruption. Prioritise, manage and communicate all relevant information to GDOM and/or third party partners/customers accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner to minimise disruption.
• Key responsibility for Mission Management alignment and decision making to utilise all available means to avoid 3 hrs delays (eg. high speed OFPs, pro-active weather checks, etc.) and maximise OTP, by proactive monitoring of CHMI and, where required, routing to avoid ATC issues.
• Maintaining and distributing an accurate Dispatch log of key events that have or will affect the Group the flying programme. Preparing and updating the Dispatch elements of the OPS Bulletin.
• Escalate the decision making process, where appropriate, to a higher authority (GDOM or Head of OCC)
• Assure completeness and accuracy of internal /external communication & documentation to ensure situational awareness is maintained on all levels.
• Annual completion of recurrent training, IOSA, annual famil flights and CRM.
Key Performance Indicators
• Group OTP/Red 3 target
• Cost efficiency savings (Target TBD)
Personal Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent decision making skills and calm under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of disruption scenarios and solutions to minimise the operational impact
• Good knowledge of standard office IT systems, LIDO and NETLINE Ops++
• Analytical mind who can work effectively, either independently or as part of a team.
• Good spoken and written English skills
• Personal responsibility
• Organisational abilities
Technical / professional qualifications:
• FAA or LBA dispatcher license
• Proven operations background, with in-depth knowledge of Dispatch, including Long Haul Operations.
31st January 2018
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free