Lakes Escapes is West Cumbria’s first LIVE escape game for families, friends and colleagues. We are looking for someone to join the team as a part time Game Master on weekdays with potentially nights and weekends to cover when required. A Game Master is responsible for ensuring an unforgettable, fun and exciting experience for our customers. Full training will be provided.
As the Game Master, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Being outgoing, courteous, and engaging, with all of our participants.
- Setting up the Escape Room for each new game session and ensuring all props are in good working order. This often has to be done in a very short time frame between game sessions.
- Greeting participants and instructing them in the rules of the game as well as relating the backstory.
- Being present in the control room during game play in a professional and unobtrusive manner while being available for answering questions and giving direction where needed through dedicated escape room software.
- Tidying and cleaning the Escape Room and waiting room/office.
- Managing our social media presence and interacting with the public online as well as handling incoming emails and telephone calls.
- Keeping track of online bookings.
What we offer:
- a fun working environment
- excellent hourly rate well above minimum wage.
- Can be currently part time in college
- No work experience required.
Charisma! An outgoing and sociable personality who can also "switch gears" to fade into the background during game play.
Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and be able to communicate at all levels.
An interest in puzzles and games, even if you are not particularly good at them yourself.
- Good at working alone as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- You must be able to be calm and friendly while under pressure and able to think on your feet. The Escape Room experience is a live event and you must be able to handle the unexpected.
- Flexible around working hours which may include weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Available at short notice for any last minute bookings.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate when your group may need your help.
- Logical thinking skills.
Simply contact us with your CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to be part of the Lakes Escapes team and what working days/hours you would be available. Please also state whether you are a driver and have your own transport.
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Salary indication
Between £5.90 and £8.70 per hour
- Responsible for
- Hosting Escape Games
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required