1841 is a creative agency for planet earth.
Its founders all have a love of creativity and a deep understanding of travel.
They are united in the view that there is nothing better to advertise on Planet Earth than Planet Earth.
We are a standalone business within The Thomas Cook Group and are based in Thomas Cook’s offices across Europe and China.
1841’s partners are the Tourism Boards and Hotels of the world along with transport for travel brands and travel lifestyle partners - providing a complete landscape of the travel industry across the globe.
An exciting opportunity had arisen for a Senior Designer to join our team in London. We are looking for someone who has led design teams within creative agencies and client side to help build and grow 1841’s design capability. The role involves leading, delivering and being accountable for industry-leading design solutions across digital, press, video and in-store advertising.
- Lead and grow the design team to fuel the creative output and drive growth into Thomas Cook Media and Partnerships.
- Working closely with 1841’s Creative Director to lead the creation of campaign ideas and distinct identities across our client base.
- Will be able to adapt both the identity and key campaign assets across all media
- Create graphic elements which can support these campaigns in digital, events, in-store and video.
- To create and edit landing pages featuring online content (supplied) within our existing CMS
- Create or source information and images to be displayed on the site working alongside internal and external partners
- Be approachable and be able quickly engage with the business to ensure swift turnaround feedback and amends to creative
- Creating design materials for all new business pitches under the Thomas Cook M&P or 1841 brand identities
Skills, know-how and experience. Must have:
- Worked within known creative agencies and directly with clients
- Previous experience of, leading managing and growing design teams and associated creative resource.
- Confidence to lead the response to briefs that have complex business requirements and multiple stakeholders
- Robust design experience with clear portfolio evidence of design across media and to a varied client base
- Experience of creating high end design, campaign identities and brand guidelines for clients in the fashion or travel industry
- A clear aesthetic when it comes to design principles – exhibiting an understanding of the overall design intent through to typography, layout, colour, user interface and navigation
- Excellent skills with Double Click Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, HTML5 and After Effects or similar software
- A clear understanding of copywriting best practice by channel
- Experience editing web pages directly and ensuring they are published within a range of different content management systems