We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Manager to join our team at our Wakefield Distribution Centre. You will be responsible for managing all warehouse shift operations within our fast paced operation. This is a...
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Manager to join our team at our Wakefield Distribution Centre. You will be responsible for managing all warehouse shift operations within our fast paced operation. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the management team and support in driving business performance and coach to improve performance through our people agenda.
This is a permanent position on Nights, 5 over 7 shifts.
Here at Morrisons our Shift Managers do the following;
- Manage all shift activities within a fast paced warehouse operation to ensure that right products are sent to the right stores at the right time"
- Scheduling rotas to achieve labour requirements
- Managing resources to deliver objectives
- Monitoring operational resource spend
- Overseeing the operation and providing problem solving guidance and coaching to your team
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement within your teams
- Team Manager performance and development
What skills and qualifications do I need to be a successful Shift Manager?
- Management experience gained in a fast paced Warehouse/ Distribution/ Logistics environment
- Proven experience in a people management role with the ability to deliver strong results through a team.
- Experience of coaching and encouraging others to explore opportunities towards a solution and continuously improve how they do their job
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes in order to improve operational performance.
- Experience of managing budgets and controlling costs
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage motivate and develop large teams with varying skill sets.
- The ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the organisation and cross-functional teams through the application of effective communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
You may already know that Morrisons is the UK’s 4th largest supermarket. But did you know that we’re also the UK’s 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer?
Our offering is unique, as unlike other supermarkets, we source and process over 90% of the fresh food that we sell in store.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving 11 million customers across the UK over nearly 500 stores and an online home delivery service.
Why Join Us?
We’ve a fantastic bunch of people who are at the top of their game in all kinds of fields. And in return for looking after our customers, we look after them with great rewards. Don’t just take our word for it, to hear from our colleagues about what life is really like at Morrisons.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required