What are you going to do
Job role: Warehouse Operative
Salary: £14.39 per hour plus 25 holiday days pro rata
Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
The Ford blue oval is one of the world's best-known brands. It represents state of the art technological development, and a range of some of the most popular cars and commercial vehicles around the globe.
Vacancies exist for Warehouse Operatives within the Parts Distribution Centre within Ford Customer Service Division, located at Daventry, Northamptonshire. The Holiday Pool will be used to cover peak employee vacation periods over the summer and Christmas periods.
Main roles and responsibilities are:
- Operate as a team member to assist in all aspects of the warehouse activities, and to provide extraordinary customer service.
- Assist in the achievement of the daily target
- Pick sales orders and prepare parts for dispatch
- Inventory control of all related processes
- SAP booking of parts into the warehouse
- Operate handling equipment and machinery (additional training will be provided where necessary)
- Check parts receipts, issued stock and dispatch loads for accuracy
- Perform general housekeeping and health and safety practices in the warehouse
- Work to maintain high quality standards on all processes
- Report any damages of product, equipment and machinery to the Team Leader
The above is not a complete list and you will be expected to perform different tasks in line with their grade and capabilities, as required by local management.
What we offer
- £14.39 per hour plus 25 holiday days pro rata
- Guaranteed 20 hours work a week
- A 4-month contract to cover employee vacation period.
- Working days Monday to Friday, plus occasional overtime during the week and on some weekends
- Two shifts – you must be available for both
- Day Shift: 6:00 to 10:00 with no lunch break (Full time Day shift: 6:00 to 14:00 with 30 min unpaid lunch break)
- Late Shift: 14:00 to 18:00 with no dinner break (attracts 25% shift premium) (Full time Late shift: 14:00 to 22:00 with 30 min unpaid dinner break)
- Competitive Pension provision
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Discounted rates when purchasing Ford vehicles
- On-site gym facilities free for employees
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- Flexibility to work shifts as listed above
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible approach to get the job done
- Excellent time keeping and attendance essential
- Strong work ethic
- Good numerical and literacy ability
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work using your own initiative
- Previous experience working in a lean logistics environment would be an advantage
- Previous experience working with SAP would be an advantage
- Fork lift truck license would be an advantage
If you're focused, high-reaching and passionate about your work, you have the potential to go far at Ford.
Interested in becoming part of our Ford Customer Service Division team?
Please note we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit an application as early as possible.
Ford is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sex, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 20 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
£14.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Assist as a team member to support in the warehouse activities. Assist in the achievement of daily targets. Pick parts for sales orders and prepare parts for dispatch.
- Type of Job
- Manufacturing / Industrial
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required