Full Stack Developer – Thomas Cook Money - London
Thomas Cook Money is not a bank. We’re a holiday company with a mission to help make holiday money easier to manage for everyone, by helping them save, borrow, spend and protect themselves in a fun and rewarding way. To realise our ambition, we are embarking on a 5 year journey, fixing what we have today, building a new customer proposition we can be proud of, then growing that proposition into new geographies.
The role is responsible for setting up the foundation stack of the TCM technology platform from the scratch. Our Technology stack includes the core AWS components and lightweight frameworks such as React / Elm , and is aimed to deliver a server-less and continuous delivery platform.
- Compliance to the IT architectures and technical strategies as defined by the Senior Architect and Thomas Cook Money executives.
- Ensuring technical designs for delivery of new services/projects and functionalities by the external supply base, are aligned to the technology strategy and platform.
- Automate the operation and management of the cloud infrastructure for the digital editions application and various Enterprise applications.
- Configuration and management of CI and CD environments and tools.
- Effective monitoring and logging of applications.
- Provide and maintain a secure platform for TCM to deploy and run its applications.
- Communicates the solution design to the system integrators with sufficient detail to allow them to deliver the solution as specified.
- Works closely with third party vendors and suppliers, overseeing development and maintenance tasks and ensuring solutions meet the required specification and meet the required quality, performance and security standards.
- Work with the security manager to deliver a compliant platform for TCM to base its applications off.
- Create solution documentation, required to release and support the product.
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience of using Amazon Web Services (AWS) including AWS services/products such as EC2, S3, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Elastic Load Balancing, RDS, CloudWatch and overall account structure / security.
- Good general technical understanding across digital and enterprise applications and infrastructure. Familiarity with the following technologies: AWS, NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience of using infrastructure as code tools like CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience of writing and maintaining serverless applications on AWS
- API development experience. Experience of securing API endpoints with technologies like oAuth and SAML
- Experience at debugging multi-tier architecture systems using the relevant tools, such as APM and RUM
- Very strong technology background, with a focus on, technical architectures, compliance and standards
- Thorough understanding of one or all of: websites, integration layer (API) and network topology
- Collaborative nature and able to work within a team, as well as able to work independently using own initiative.
- Evidence of delivering major technical change in a large organisation
- Ability to influence at all levels, able to provide persuasive fact-based arguments to comply with standards and policies.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required