Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Senior Associate to join the Client Assets Risk and Quality team. With over 500 CASS
assurance engagements annually, PwC is one of the leading providers of reports on client money and assets
(CASS) to the Financial Conduct Authority as well as providing consultancy services and advice to clients across the
financial services sector; including global investment banks, asset managers, brokers, smaller to mid-sized firms and
regulatory bodies. Our specialist team (CASS ARQ) works across London and [Edinburgh] and supports the PwC
national practice to provide insight, training and thought leadership; promoting consistency and quality in everything
This role involves working with engagement teams, clients, industry bodies and the FCA to provide advice and
support in relation to compliance with the client assets regime.
We have significant growth plans and are looking for ambitious and dedicated professionals to help us deliver on
these plans. In line with our growth strategy as well as our long term plans in investing in the Financial Services
sector, we are seeking to supplement the existing team with new talent at Senior Associate level.
With the help of this new talent, our aim is to continue to build a team that is known in the market as best in class for
regulatory insight, understanding and delivery, interacting with the major players in the UK financial services industry
and playing a key role in PwC’s offering to its clients.
About the role
In the fast evolving world of financial services regulation, organisations need clarity and consistency in
understanding how to apply regulatory requirements to diverse and developing businesses, and advice on how to
manage regulatory change. We work with our clients to provide high quality assurance and advisory services to the
financial sector. In our assurance engagements we evaluate the governance structures, controls and processes
which enable firms to maintain compliance with those requirements, highlighting potential areas for improvement.
We help clients to anticipate and understand regulatory and policy change and make the necessary changes and
adjustments to their business to manage this change. Where it is too late to prevent failure, we work with our clients
to investigate the source of the problem, deal with the impacts and help to establish controls to support compliance
Underpinning all of this, the CASS ARQ team develops the work programmes, templates, training and insight to
equip our teams, as well as working directly with key clients and the FCA CASS teams.
As a Senior Associate you will be:
● Assisting in the preparation of presentations, training, thought leadership and marketing material.
● Providing technical advice responding to queries as they arise.
● Keeping up to date with industry specific issues and circumstances which affect CASS regulation.
● Supporting the delivery of client engagements, including advisory and regulatory assurance engagements.
● Taking responsibility for conducting reviews and preparing reports; making oral presentations of findings /
recommendations to internal and client teams.
● Leading technical input by becoming the subject matter expert; to a number of projects relating to CASS
compliance and adapting to regulatory change.
● Monitoring and reviewing PwC service delivery on CASS engagements across the UK.
● Networking with clients, prospective clients and internally across PwC.
The following skills are required for this role:
● Experience in providing audit and/or consulting advice to established companies and/or new entrants.
● Experience in delivering high quality technical analysis and the ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse
facts, consult and deliver solutions to clients.
● An understanding of the industry and regulatory environment in the UK.
● Ideally we would like technical proficiency in the FCA principles and rules, including CASS, however, we are
happy to invest in the development of the right candidate.
● An understanding of businesses, structures, governance frameworks and process & control infrastructures
of firms in the financial services sector.
● The ability to make new contacts, listen to their needs and interpret this to provide new opportunities to
● Understanding of regulatory developments and key current issues facing clients.
● Experience in working with teams and the ability to work independently.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This
is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global
leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen,
global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and
all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and
experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect
the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be
valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free