Product Owner - Projects – London
The Product Owner owns a specified product or domain and is responsible for prioritising and maintaining its backlog. They are a key part of the Squad and, with the team, own the delivery of high quality, customer-led digital product, ensuring focus on the items that will deliver the most significant business value. The role is responsible for ‘building the product right’ and works closely with the extended Product teams to interpret and ensure alignment with strategy, roadmap and business goals.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Responsible for multiple high profile projects within the larger digital team
- Implementation and maintenance of Expedia on Thomascook.com, Neckermann.be, Neckermann.nl
- Working with UK, BE & NL market stakeholders on building out features for the above websites for their customers. These could be features from searching to booking a holiday or managing it through their My Account.
- Responsible for defining, prioritising and developing high quality products and features that deliver demonstrable customer and business value.
- Fully responsible for the product backlog and refining it to reflect priorities, balancing benefit with effort, risk and technical complexity.
- Work collaboratively to elaborate user stories and ensure team understand requirements, goals and how success will be measured.
- Work collaboratively across the business to align priorities and identify and manage dependencies with other Squads and technology teams.
- Represent the customer and provide feedback to the Squad on performance of the product in the market and against targets.
- Collaborate with the Head of Product and the Markets to support the definition and development of the product roadmap and strategy.
- Create detailed user stories that breakdown the epic into end to end functionality
- Fully responsible for defining a buffer of refined user stories for upcoming sprints.
- Define and deliver acceptance criteria and the ‘Definition of Done’ working collaboratively with the rest of the Squad.
- Act as an ambassador for Agile best practices, lead sprint reviews and engage in daily stand ups and sprint retrospectives.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Understand customer, commercial and business value of new product features
- Apply agile analysis techniques for creating user stories and acceptance criteria
- Understand the technology landscape of the product area they are working in
- Good knowledge of agile Scrum methodology and practices
- Produce high quality artefacts to assist the team in development of the feature
- Make sound prioritisation decisions based on value and effort/risk to deliver
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership and make effective decisions
- Delivery focused with excellent attention to detail and drive to resolve issues
- Experience of applying data and insight to inform decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required