What are you going to do
Vacancies are available in the following areas:
- Leeds (LS8 area)
- Bradford (BD7 area)
- Huddersfield (HD1 area).
As a tutor you will be required to:
- Manage a group of students attending classes at our learning centre
- Plan lessons based on the students' requirements
- Prepare your classroom with any materials and/or equipment you require before the lesson commences
- Deliver lessons to the group as well as provide individual support to the students
- Leave all classrooms clean and tidy
- Provide ad hoc support to other teachers (if and when necessary)
- Ensure your subject knowledge is current and up-to-date.
The duration for which your assistance is required will very much depend on the requirements of the children. This may turn out to be a very short-term project (several weeks) or may be extended over a longer period (months) throughout the academic year.
- A diverse and friendly team.
- Competitive hourly rates (£10-15 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience)
- An opportunity to work with children in your area and provide benefit to the community.
- Gain valuable teaching experience in a classroom environment.
- Add value to your CV.
- A valid portable CRB/DBS (less than 3 years old).
- Tutoring experience of some kind is preferable.
- Must have good working knowledge of the subject you wish to teach.
- PGCE students and other undergraduates are welcome to apply.
How to apply:
- Please quote job code LS-MES.
- Open until position filled.
- Successful candidates will be invited for a short interview.
Please only apply if you are able to commit at least 1 hour of your time every Saturday and are able to teach at one of these subjects (Maths, English OR Science) up to GCSE level.
What we ask:
- At least finished college A levels
- Able to manage a class of students
- Prepare a lesson
- Be available for 1-3 hours on Saturdays
- Education Level
- College, University
- Working hours per week
- 5 - 6
- Type of Contract
- Weekend, Voluntary, Placements
- Salary indication
Between £10.00 and £15.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- Type of Job
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required