Job purpose: You will take a major part in our new-agency-strategy project with the target picture to build up our own destination management company business that will give us greater control over our customers' holiday experiences and improve operational efficiency in destination. You are supporting the Director HR & functional leadership to review, develop and implement (lean) HR processes across the destinations, with focus of the areas compensation & benefits and payroll related processes. You´ll also have to harmonize policies within IDM and working together with finance team on compliance and tax issues.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- For the Agency-Strategy-Project: working closely together with the Senior Project Manager, the Head of iDM Finance Projects & Compliancy and external Partners to implement the HR related project targets within the specified time schedule.
- Advise the Senior HRBP and the IDM MTM in all relevant HR compliance questions to ensure that all existing and all newly implemented processes comply with the respective legal requirements.
- Understand the position as an interface between finance and HR and in addition managing relationship with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. consultants, insurance brokers, 3rd parties, group functions, etc.)
- Supporting numerous HR projects
- Assist in achieving compliance (Tax, Social security, payroll) in respect of all Thomas Cook In Destination operations, including Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Bulgaria etc.
- Assist in implementing an appropriate payroll structure and business model in-destinations to ensure that IDM, incoming agencies and source markets are all incentivised in such a way as to drive the right behaviours for our customers and our people performance as well as assisting in setting-up new legal entities to form a group structure that is compliant and efficient
- Continually review IDM rewards offering, ensuring compliance with legislation and informing management team and 3rd parties/ agencies of movements in legislation across the destinations
- Analysing the costs and competitive trends in cash compensation and benefits programs, and identifying the organization’s position
- Responsible to manage payroll in ensuring all employees across the specific destination operations and agencies and within multiple legal entities are paid correctly and on time
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Lead small project teams in support of different project work streams, and manage overall project activities, plans, and schedules associated with deliverables and milestones
- Possesses outstanding process improvement skills
- Proven Understanding of HR and accounting processes
- Substantial experience of providing high quality support and advice to managers and employees with all levels on policy, procedure, terms and conditions
- A highly customer-orientated approach, committed to achieving excellent levels of customer service
- Outstanding knowledge of Compensation and Benefits, social security and tax, covering global destinations
- Strong experience in processing payroll outside of UK in other destinations and the corresponding system landscape
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Demonstrates a can do attitude and is dedicated and professional in all client contact
- Ability to build strong working relationships throughout all level in organization as well as 3rdparties
- Organized with an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Fluency English is essential; any other European language is advantageous
- Regular global travel is essential – used to travelling to multiple destinations
Key performance indicators:
- Key interfaces and overlapping processes between HR and finance teams are identified and coordinated, responsibilities clarified, communication channels defined and efficient coordination routines implemented.
- Relevant HR processes are reviewed, efficient, documented and improvements have been implemented
- Regular audit programmes can be demonstrated as being completed with relevant outcomes documented
- All employees are paid correctly and on time