What are you going to do
We are Timber & Canvas, a nationwide tent and event hire company based in sunny Manchester. We are on the hunt for enthusiastic crew members for the rest of our summer season, and into our winter season.
Your job will be to travel to beautiful outdoor locations to install tents and event gear for weddings and parties. Our close-knit crews are busy, but we know how important it is to relax after hard work on site and we offer some great incentives. Plus, it's loads of fun :) We are looking for people with a positive 'can-do' attitude, who thrive on hard work and the great outdoors.
Many of our crew come from roles in other industries such as lighting and AV, the forces, landscapers, marquee erectors, etc, all of which have highly transferable skills for our work.
Experience of building tents is desirable but not necessary as full training will be given.
- Travelling to outdoor event locations with your crew, building & dropping our event tipis, sailcloth and dome tents on site.
- Installing and de-rigging furniture, lighting and event gear on site.
- Safely loading and unloading gear from our vehicles on site and in our warehouse.
- Following T&C training procedures and health and safety guidelines on site.
Hours and Places of Work
- You will be required to work with your teams locally and further afield, with occasional overnight stays. (You'll be given plenty of notice for any overnighters).
- There can be some long days, but your hours will be scheduled to include proper rest periods.
- Own transport is a must, as you'll be required to get to and from our base in Salford for your leave times.
- Physically fit, with good stamina for a day's work.
- Able to work well in a team
- Able to take good direction from your crew leader.
- Driving License and good driving experience
- A very practical nature, able to think logically about tasks under pressure or to strict deadlines.
What we offer
- £8.50 base rate for driving crew.
- Free on site lunch
- Opportunity to travel, with occasional 'working holidays' outside the UK.
- Team development activities
- Career progression opportunities as the business expands nationally.
- Free crew socials each month
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- - ABLE TO GET TO M30 9QG
- - FULL UK DRIVING LICENSE
- - CAN DO ATTITUDE WITH A SENSE OF HUMOUR :)
- - OVER 21 YEARS OLD
- Education Level
- College, University
- Working hours per week
- 30 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
Between £8.50 and £9.50 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Crew Member
- Type of Job
- Logistics jobs
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required