The PwC Deal No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
Women in Business Aiming for the top? Our Women in business programme will give you an insight into what it takes to make it there in a firm like ours. At PwC, we're proud to have a high number of females in leadership positions. Enjoy this unique opportunity to spend time with these successful women who'll demonstrate the variety of opportunities available to you.
During this 3 day long paid placement, you'll shadow one of our female leaders within the business area to:
work with external clients and internal teams
undertake research and complete small tasks
You may also have the opportunity to shadow some of our graduate joiners to find out more about their experiences at PwC
Aimed primarily at women seeking an experience in professional services to get an insight into the opportunities at PwC. You'll need a good academic record and we'll expect you to demonstrate how you've used your initiative and team-working skills. You should also have done plenty of research into the area of PwC you'd like to join. We strongly advise you to apply for the business area and office that interests you the most as any subsequent offers will be made for this area only.
Student Recruitment team
• Ensure all candidates receive prompt feedback and appropriate guidance during the selection process.
• Maintain various reports relating to recruits and joiners to the firm and produce analysis of such information when requested.
• Working with HCCS to identify and escalate shortages of interviewer, assessor or ambassador availability from the business and escalate to the appropriate recruiter within the team.
• Plan and host assessment centres.
• Organise logistics and attendance for student recruitment events
• Process invoice payment requests appropriately
• Ownership of recruitment pipelines
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent administrative skills - must be IT proficient/Excel user
• Excellent communication skills – you must be able to flex your style to engage and communicate with a variety of different stakeholders
• Ability to proactively manage own time and maintain motivation when faced with large numbers of tasks.
• Proactive with high energy levels
• Ability to identify alternative solutions to potential issues
• A practical and sensible approach to problem solving, with the ability to think on your feet
• Strong interpersonal skills, personable with the ability to deal with difficult situations.
What you'll gain Impress us during this 3 day placement and following a final senior interview, you could well earn a place on one of our programmes for the year after.
Shadowing days The date of your placement will be dictated by the availability of the leader and your recruiter will share with you the available dates when you are offered a place.
The start date you've chosen to apply to will determine when your placement will take place:
Spring - your placement will take place during the Easter holidays
Summer - your placement will take place during the Summer holidays
What you need to get in
You'll need to be a first year undergraduate university student on a 3 year degree course; or
You'll need to be a first year undergraduate university students on a 4 year degree course with a confirmed placement in the 3rd year; or
You'll need to be a second year undergraduate university students on a 4 year degree course;
You'll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree in any subject
We know that the skills and experiences you develop with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We'll help you reach your full potential.