Women in Business (1st Year), HR-Student Recruitment, Manchester, 2019
Women in business On this programme, you'll get the chance to enjoy this unique opportunity to spend time with females within our business who'll demonstrate the variety of opportunities available.
Open to all, this vacancy is aimed primarily at inspiring and supporting women seeking an experience in professional services, as part of our commitment to improve our female representation by showcasing some of our female leaders. The programme focuses on developing confidence and skills and provides an insight into the opportunities available at PwC.
What you'll do During this 3 day paid placement, you’ll work closely with a variety of females at all grades to learn what it's like being a woman at PwC and experience first hand the nature of the work that we do.
You’ll choose which office you'd like to come to and which area of the business you're interested in. You’ll spend time with females at all levels of the business, from graduates to senior leaders, attending meetings and working with our clients and teams to get real exposure to our business. Impress us during your time with us and following a final interview, you could well earn a place on one of our Summer Internship, Work Placement or graduate roles for the following year. Our national opportunities will be running over the Easter and Summer holidays (restrictions for some areas).
Student Recruitment team
• Ensure all candidates receive prompt feedback and appropriate guidance during the selection process.
• Maintain various reports relating to recruits and joiners to the firm and produce analysis of such information when requested.
• Working with HCCS to identify and escalate shortages of interviewer, assessor or ambassador availability from the business and escalate to the appropriate recruiter within the team.
• Plan and host assessment centres.
• Organise logistics and attendance for student recruitment events
• Process invoice payment requests appropriately
• Ownership of recruitment pipelines
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent administrative skills - must be IT proficient/Excel user
• Excellent communication skills – you must be able to flex your style to engage and communicate with a variety of different stakeholders
• Ability to proactively manage own time and maintain motivation when faced with large numbers of tasks.
• Proactive with high energy levels
• Ability to identify alternative solutions to potential issues
• A practical and sensible approach to problem solving, with the ability to think on your feet
• Strong interpersonal skills, personable with the ability to deal with difficult situations.
What you'll gain Impress us during this 3 day placement and following a final senior interview, you could well earn a place on one of our programmes for the year after.
Shadowing days The date of your placement will be dictated by the availability of the leader and your recruiter will share with you the available dates when you are offered a place.
The start date you've chosen to apply to will determine when your placement will take place:
Spring - your placement will take place during the Easter holidays
Summer - your placement will take place during the Summer holidays
What you need to get in
You'll need to be a first year undergraduate university student on a 3 year degree course; or
You'll need to be a first year undergraduate university students on a 4 year degree course with a confirmed placement in the 3rd year; or
You'll need to be a second year undergraduate university students on a 4 year degree course;
You'll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree in any subject
We know that the skills and experiences you develop with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We'll help you reach your full potential.