About the role
Tesco are currently looking to a recruit a Maintenance Engineer in Bolton. Becoming an Engineer gives you a crucial and very active role in our distribution operation. We depend on our Distribution Centre colleagues to keep our stores supplied with the right stock at the right time. The work’s got to be done fast, accurately and safely, so if you love teamwork it’s an exciting challenge and a great place to get on and make a difference. As leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,500 stores every week.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Carry out routine including all statutory requirements for Automated equipment
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with the distribution operational team, managing expectations where necessary.
- Follow Tesco policies and procedures to carry out a variety of routine maintenance tasks.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing works which needs to be escalated.
- Working collaboratively with external contractors and managing contractors using the Tesco authorisation and permit to work processes.
- Work at all times with due care and attention to minimise danger.
- Identify potential failures/hazards whilst carrying out daily functions, with an awareness of surroundings.
- Managing time and resources effectively, making the most of time at work.
- Supporting the distribution centre in achieving team goals, identifying problems and implementing effective solutions.
- Being aware of the cost implications of any actions and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
- Completed an NVQ level 3 in a technical discipline or equivalent.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship.
- Maintenance and/or engineering experience in an automated distribution or production environment.
- Health and safety awareness.
- People/communication skills.
- Building Maintenance knowledge.
- IT literate
Ideal additional skills include:
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH
- Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast moving maintenance department.
We are a subsidiary company of the UK's number one retailer and we support Tesco in offering customers the biggest range of products around, from bananas to banking services. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for those who shop with us.
Did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores, Dotcom Centres and Distribution Centres across the UK, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with and for customers and colleagues across our exciting business.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work.What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and inhouse technical specialists.
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required