About the role
Tesco Maintenance have a great opportunity for a National Building Contracts Manager to join our Maintenance Support team. This person will be responsible for the building maintenance strategy, managing external building contractors and external building consultants.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Managing the performance of external building contractors and compliance with the National Schedule of Rates.
- Develop the Property Risk Assessment programme through external building consultants.
- Support a Planned Maintenance regime for Buildings, developing detailed building maintenance best practices.
- Help support system changes moving towards improved asset management.
- Provide information to the business that allows estate to be managed strategically.
- Provide technical knowledge in the maintenance of building fabric across a variety of building types to ensure this element of maintenance is controlled and offers value to business.
- Work closely with other areas across maintenance support to ensure our systems and practices related to building maintenance are developed and fit for purpose.
- Manage projects related to the improvement of building maintenance and Health & Safety.
- Support a step-change from reactive to proactive that will require a standardised and pragmatic approach to maintenance programmes, projects and implementing solutions.
- Ensure legal compliance on all matters related to building maintenance.
- Maintain design standards are up to date and in place and adhered to for all appropriate maintenance activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Contract management, people management, project management & reporting stakeholder management.
- Motivated with a proactive approach.
- Health & Safety training/awareness.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Degree in RICS accredited Building Surveying Course.
- Experience with the National Schedule of Rates
- Experience in construction/works/design management.
- Understand principles of design, including statutory requirements (CDM/Asbestos).
- Experience of contractor management. (reviews/budgets/quotes/contracts).
- Experience in property surveys & risk assessments.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required