About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to a recruit a National Head Office Maintenance Manager. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. The National Head Office Maintenance Manager leads a team of Maintenance managers and technicians to deliver exceptional service and support to our customers across our head office and bank locations working flexibly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to provide professional maintenance and repair services in a timely manner to all relevant standards.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Lead a team of 3 managers, 31 Technicians and suppliers to maximise performance and deliver maintenance across 22 Buildings across the country.
- Providing regular 121's, support and coaching to the team, supporting their development and supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Delivering great standards across the estate and ensuring compliance to all internal policies and applicable legislation.
- Developing and delivering an annual improvement plan
- Ensure that the execution and close out of planned maintenance and reactive tasks is to a high professional standard.
- Provide a focal point for all technical property enquiries for key Stakeholders.
- Managing key relationships with key stakeholders including regular meeting and site visits.
- Managing relationships with key Property managers from Engineering, Capital, Property and Safety teams to ensure a comprehensive maintenance service is delivered to Tesco standards and specifications.
- Contract and relationship management of maintenance suppliers.
- Developing and managing Facilities and Bank maintenance budgets and delivering agreed spend.
- Maintain Tesco Maintenance standard operating procedures, emergency and contingency plans.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working environment.
- Maintain and review Tesco Maintenance health and safety policies and procedures for Tesco Maintenance colleagues and suppliers.
- Review the operation of the maintenance teams to improve service delivery, align to new standards and procedures while ensuring best value for money.
- Provide an environment conducive to learning, and ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full potential.
- Ensure teams are manned by fully competent managers and technicians and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Provide incident response/management and root-cause analysis for any maintenance related incident.
- Delivering monthly, project and ad hoc reports.
- Building effective relationships and communication within all functions and across key stakeholders.
- Delivering change across the business area to consistently deliver performance and improve productivity.
- Delivering great results with year on year improvement.
- Driving problem solving, identifying key issues and developing effective solutions.
- Forecasting and managing budgets effectively, always being cost conscious.
- Managing Contractors performance on site to ensure first fix.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
- Effectively using the insight developed by my team to shape strategic thinking and identifying potential opportunities.
- Being a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Time served for relevant discipline.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Management of remote teams
- Leadership and people management experience
- Setting priorities
- Problem solving
- Ability to build and manage budgets
- Health & Safety qualification IOSH/NEBOSH
Ideal additional skills include:
- Relevant City and Guilds technical certifications.
- HNC in building services related subject
- Understanding of Data Centre services technology and operating principles
- A good working knowledge of assets such Electrical Systems, HVAC systems, Controls, Critical systems, etc.
- An understanding of the operations of building services and M&E maintenance ideally including a critical services like a life safety systems, data centre and communications rooms.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers. What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required