Job summary: As part of our community-based learning project, we require a committed and enthusiastic tutor to teach Maths, English and Science to a group of primary school children in Leeds (LS8 area). 1-3 hours of your time will be required every Saturday morning. Positions also available in Bradford and Huddersfield.
As a tutor you will be required to:
* Manage a group of students attending classes at our learning centre
* Plan lessons based on the students' requirements
* Prepare your classroom with any materials and/or equipment you require before the lesson commences
* Deliver lessons to the group as well as provide individual support to the students
* Leave all classrooms clean and tidy
* Provide ad hoc support to other teachers (if and when necessary)
* Ensure your subject knowledge is current and up-to-date.
The duration for which your assistance is required will very much depend on the requirements of the children. This may turn out to be a very short-term project (several weeks) or may be extended over a longer period (months) throughout the academic year.
1. Competitive hourly rate.
2. An opportunity to work with children in your area and provide benefit to the community.
3. Gain valuable teaching experience in a classroom environment.
5. Add value to your CV.
1. A valid DBS certificate (or we can help you obtain one if you are successful in joining our team).
2. Tutoring experience of some kind is preferable.
3. Must have good working knowledge of the subject you wish to teach.
4. PGCE students and other undergraduates are welcome to apply.
How to apply:
1. Click 'Apply'
2. Please quote job code LS-MES.
* Open until position filled.
* Starting date: ASAP.
Please only apply if you are able to commit at least 1 hour of your time every Saturday. Thank you.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free