What will I be paid?
We ensure that our pay rates remain competitive for everyone (rates are restaurant specific and may differ depending on location). You will be paid every two weeks.
• Age 16-17: £5.75 per hour
• Age 18-19: £6.75 per hour
How does it work?
The McDonald’s apprenticeship will build your confidence and develop your life skills whilst preparing you to progress in our business. You will receive training, coaching and support to prepare high-quality food and provide the best service to our customers.
You’ll have a dedicated Apprentice Mentor from McDonald’s who will be there to support you throughout your apprenticeship.
Alongside your McDonald's learning, your Lifetime Trainers will give you additional knowledge, skills and behaviours to succeed in your role.
What will the role include?
• Prepare our customer’s meals with care and respect to McDonald's gold standard!
• Ensure our customers have a special experience, every time! Be genuine, patient and adapt to their needs.
• Keep up-to-date with knowledge on our menu promotions.
• Learn how to work on the different food preparation stations, producing high-quality food for our customers.
Do you have what it takes?
You'll be working in our fast-moving, high energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
If you are confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people, friendly have high energy and take pride in your appearance, this could be the role for you!
What are the perks?
• 28 days holiday per year
• Free meal when you are on shift
• Potential annual pay increase based on performance
• Discounts at over 800 retailers nationally
• McDonald’s discount card for when you aren’t on shift
• Apprentice Extra NUS card for student discounts and student Oyster Card
• Great communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and communicate with your colleagues
• Understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality, service and cleanliness
• Clean and smart appearance
• Friendly and energetic
• Willing to learn and develop yourself
At McDonald’s we value behaviours over qualifications so there are no formal entry requirements and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in maths and English alongside your apprenticeship, if required.
Career development opportunities include progressing onto your Level 3 Standard in Supervision and Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree if appropriate.
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
We opened the doors of our first UK McDonald’s restaurant in 1974. Now, in over 1,250 UK restaurants, we serve millions of customers, create jobs and provide opportunities to local people and businesses.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free