Customer Team Member (Customer Assistant)
Location: 216 Preston Road, Weymouth, DT3 6BJ
Pay: £8.38 per hour & amazing benefits
Contract: 6 month Contract,12 hours per week + regular overtime, part time
No experience needed as full training given
Working pattern: Varied shifts covering stores opening times 6am - 10pm. Monday - Sunday.
Working as a customer assistant is more than stacking the shelves. Our stores are a huge part of the community and everything you do will be focused on providing a great service to our customers and members. Whether that’s working early mornings in our in-store bakery, during the day on the shop floor, or working late evenings to help close the store, every customer assistant can expect to do something different every day.
What you’ll do as a customer assistant:
• deliver friendly and helpful customer service
• take time to listen and confidently resolve customer queries
• prepare, present and handle all store products (including packaged meat and age-restricted items)
• make sure the shop always looks its best by keeping it clean and tidy
• work in a fast paced environment on different tasks throughout the day
• promote Co-op membership and make a difference in your community
Being a customer assistant would suit people who have:
• a real passion for customer service
• great communications and listening skills
• the ability to work as a team and achieve team and individual goals
• an enthusiastic approach to work and a willingness to support your colleagues when the store gets busier
• the flexibility to work a range of shifts to support the opening times of the store
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive rate of pay including an increase after 6 months
• premium rates for any hours worked before 6am or after 10pm and if you work on a public holiday (not including bank holidays)
• flexible working times, as well as regular overtime
• 10% discounts on all food products, including 20% on own brand at payday weekend
• discounts on other Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
As a convenience retailer, our stores are open for when our customers need us, so we need candidates to be flexible of when they’re willing to work. At interview, we’ll ask you to provide additional times for when you can work during the week, we call this preferred availability and will help make sure our stores are always fully staffed for our customers and members.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 20 minutes to complete this test.