What are you going to do
Are you an outgoing young person interested in supporting disabled young people to get more involved in their local community? Or you could be a student wanting to find paid work experience around your studies whilst having fun at the same time?
If so... Becoming a Buddy could be perfect for you!
Why should you join?
- If you're aged between 18-35 and looking for a fulfilling, flexible and competitively paid role, becoming a Buddy may be the perfect job for you!
- As a LinkMeUp Buddy you get to have fun and share your interests with other young people.
- You'll gain experience by supporting them to access the local community, develop new skills, and become more confident and independent. Plus you could make a friend for life!
- Becoming a Buddy is subject to background checks by Vibrance, including references, DBS (formerly CRB) and Right to Work checks.
What We Offer
- Throughout your Buddy experience you will be supported by our team with access to...
- Relevant training
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- No experience required
- No specific qualifications required
To register your interest, please apply now.
Who are we?
- LinkMeUp Buddies is a new service for disabled children, young people and their families. Developed in partnership by Vibrance, Greenwich Parent Voice and Royal Borough of Greenwich, Buddies is all about fun, friendship and fulfilment.
- Through our PA matching service, we enable families to recruit and employ committed, enthusiastic and like-minded Buddies (18 – 35 years) to provide support, share experiences, access their local community and develop new skills. The Buddies service can be accessed by families in receipt of a Direct Payment and those who wish to fund it themselves.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 2 - 10
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Salary indication
£10.55 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- providing support to children and young people with disabilities
- Type of Job
- Counselling and Social Services, Home Care
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
- English, German, French, Spanish, Other, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Taiwannese, Czech, Turkish, Flemish, Swedish, Dutch, Welsh