What are you going to do
- You will be teaching secondary school pupils computer science on a part-time basis;
- All tuition takes place online via a virtual classroom;
- We provide all required training and teaching materials, as well as software for delivering the course - no previous experience of tutoring required;
- Earn up to £1,100 per month tutoring online (depending on ability and skills profile).
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Work remotely/online from anywhere
- Full support, from initial training to taking part in your first co-teaching session
- Work-hours condusive to studying
What we ask:
- At least finished college A levels
- You must be a confident undergraduate/graduate or post-graduate in computer science, software engineering or computing-related engineering discipline;
- You must be able to solve computational problems and also be able to write computer code;
- You must be comfortable being on-camera, as you will be presenting to small groups of pupils online
- You must have a quality webcam, a fast broadband connection and a computer powerful enough to comfortably handle live streaming and online meetings;
- Must be comfortable working with 13-15 year olds
- Must be well-spoken and polite
- Initially, you will be invited to a one-way, video-based, on-demand interview where you will record video answers to interview questions;
- Initial interview will be followed by a live/interactive interview with Spark4Kids staff once you progress past the initial interview;
- Please upload your CV (PDF or Word) when applying for this role.
Consider yourself the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll be in touch with next steps!
Who are Spark4Kids?
We run online computer science courses for secondary school pupils and are recruiting university and post-graduate students who are passionate about computer science and coding, and who would like to help boost our pupils' knowledge and confidence in the subject!
If you're planning a career in computer science or software engineering (or computing-related discipline), why not impress your future employer by starting as you mean to go on - work part-time whilst you study, in a career-related role that you can proudly put on your CV!
- Education Level
- College, University, Other
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 10
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job, Weekend
- Salary indication
Between £100 and £1,100 Per Month
- Responsible for
- Teaching secondary school pupils computer science on a part-time basis (all training and teaching materials will be provided).
- Published at
- Type of Job
- ICT, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required