What are you going to do:
Pueblo Ingles is an English immersion course for Spanish students to practice English without having to travel abroad. Since July 2004 we have “taught” English to Spaniards and welcomed thousands of English- speaking teens from all over the world to our little villages, where the official language is no longer Spanish.
- Supervise daily recreational and social activities for groups of students.
- Explain activities, play games and instruct workshops: sports, arts and crafts, theatre, music, dance, etc... The participants will rely on you to guide them through their activities and you must have both the charisma to work with a group and the sensitivity to listen to the individual.
- Make sure the campers speak and hear as much English as possible.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations, and ensure the safety and well-being of the campers.
- This demanding role requires constant energy and enthusiasm. You will be a role model, teacher, mediator, comedian, and friend. In these residential camps, you'll be with the children 24 hours a day.
- Overseeing appropriate behavior at mealtimes.
- Chaperoning on the bus trip from Madrid to the venue and back.
- Volunteers pick-ups and drop-offs in Madrid.
- Location: Our camps take place at a number of rural resorts (all with an assortment of sports and leisure facilities)
- Ages: Kids - 7 to 12 years old and Teens - 13 to 18 years old.
- Schedule: Residential Camp. Full time.
- We have FOUR weeks of our “traditional” Pueblo Inglés Kids & Teens programs
- We also have FOUR weeks of the camps for the Public Education System
- You can choose to make from one to four weeks, in a row or with a break.
From the week of the 22nd of June to the last week of July.
What we offer:
- Contract: We offer a Spanish employment. This will require a Spanish Social Security number
- Training: You have to be in Madrid for training and contract signing. We will provide lunch on this day
- We provide accommodation for the airport pick-up night, but the Training night will be at your own expense
- Salary: From 300€ depending on the number of weeks. Food an accommodation provided at the camps
What we ask:
- At least finished college A levels
- Age: Counselors must be at least 21 years old (born in 1999 or before)
- Languages: Must be a native English speaker or have a bilingual level
- EU-citizens (or legal work permit in Spain)
- Certificate of Criminal Records that allows you to work with minors (for example, DBS/CRB check, Garda vetting…)
- Desirable previous camp experience, 1 to 2 proven years of working with children. Teaching experience is an advantage and might be required for some of the residential camps
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- College, University
- Northern Ireland
- Working hours per week
- 30 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job, Weekend, Summer / Holiday Jobs, Internships, Temporary Full Time, Graduate Internship, Placements
- Responsible for
- The Summer programs for Kids don’t have English-speaking volunteers, so the counselors will be the ones in charge of exposing the children to English language through games, sports, theatre and plenty of activities.
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required