If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
A brand new opportunity has become available for a C# Developer within our Markets Execution team in Glasgow. This dedicated team is responsible for managing a variety of systems and technologies in order to provide best-in-class electronic financial services. The businesses are spread across a variety of asset classes and product types, and provide services to both internal trading desks and external clients. Combined with this, this dedicated team is also responsible for a wide range of software products including trading GUIs, low-latency trading systems, and algorithmic trading services, and the infrastructure necessary to support these systems. This is a highly dynamic and collaborative unit, with members working on a variety of projects with different teams to produce innovative solutions to business problems.
• Extending the WPF pricing application with new features, performance improvements and bug fixes
• Developing new server side Windows Services/WPF services
• Working on server side Java components
• Working with messaging (Tibco RV, Solace)
• Designing relational database schema and implementing with Oracle
• Expanding the current code framework
• Overseeing all aspects of system releases (documenting tests, writing deployment scripts etc)
• Working with and understanding third party APIs
• A relevant University Degree
• Strong object oriented design & coding skills with significant implementation experience in both C# (Windows) and Java (Linux). Must be a disciplined developer and be prepared to follow team coding standards and practices (JIRA, Team City, GIT)
• Experience developing desktop UI using Windows Presentation Foundation
• Significant experience with relational database technologies, preferably Oracle
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work independently and pick up new technologies and systems rapidly
• Experience with Amazon Web Services is a distinct plus
• Understanding of/experience working with Fixed Income securities would be an advantage
This role will be based in the Aurora Building, 1 of our 3 modern City Centre locations until our
exciting new campus location overlooking the River Clyde is opened in late 2020. Aurora is close to the main stations, other transport links and also benefits from an onsite canteen
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free