What are you going to do:
We are an award-winning and rapidly evolving social enterprise, delivering confidence-boosting, attainment-raising group tutorials to some of Planet Earth’s coolest primary school pupils. We are committed to bringing the benefits of tutoring to every child, ensuring their socio-economic background doesn’t hinder how much they can achieve in life. Currently we are on the lookout for tutors to join us on this exciting journey in September 2020!
- An undergraduate in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year at university (as of September 2020)?
- Looking for a paid role that fits around your university studies?
- Passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people?
- Keen to learn and develop professional skills while running your own project?
Then look no further! Our tutor role is perfect for you.
About the role:
- Delivering one-hour lessons in Maths or English to a class of six bubbly primary school pupils
- Using our resources and lesson plans to creatively deliver lessons, games and activities
- Providing written lesson feedback for parents
- Assessing pupils and marking their assessments; monitoring their progress first-hand!
- Liaising with key stakeholders and core TU staff
- Attending and participating in our training days throughout the year
- Utilising online management systems
What we offer:
- A flexible part-time role alongside university studies based on your availability and location
- Work experience in the charity sector and paid up to London Living Wage
- Professional training delivered by experts
- A wide range of progression and networking opportunities, including progressing into the Tutor Leader role and participating in partner events
- Belonging to the wonderful TU community and a chance to meet other like-minded students at our training days and Tutor Socials!
- Tailored individual support from the TU team and your Programme Officer
- An Enhanced DBS check
- References on completion of the programme
No prior experience required, we just ask that you:
- Have a B or above (6 or above) in Maths & English at GCSE level
- Will be studying at an undergraduate level at a London-based university as of September 2020
- Are happy to tutor at least once per week on a weekday afternoon (3.00-6.30pm)
- Are available for our compulsory weekend training in September 2020 (date TBC)
- Share our vision to close the attainment gap in education
- Are keen to take on responsibility
- Are able to work in a team and offer support to peers
- Are punctual and have a can-do attitude!
We encourage interest and applications from students of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from male and black undergraduates to enable us to truly reflect the communities we work with.
By becoming a TU Tutor, you get to support planet Earth’s coolest primary school pupils, strengthen your skill set and have fun whilst doing it!
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- London Living Wage
- Professional Training and Resources
What we ask:
- Problem solving
- No experience required
- You should be registered as a university student
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 2 - 4
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Salary indication
£11.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Type of Job
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required