If you’re thinking about moving forward in your career, then join Barclays. You will work as the face of the company as you work with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
As a Barclays DevOps Cloud Engineer, you’ll be part of the Platform Cloud Engineer team responsible for delivering cloud and infrastructure services and solutions for an enterprise scale environment. You’ll be working on the continual development and evolution of the platform to meet business and customer requirements, as well as the process of migrating core services to an AWS Cloud centric contact centre environment.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Providing a world-class customer/ client experience, underpinned by a lean cost base, controls and a culture of teamwork, innovation and high performance
• Co-ordination of impact assessment activities for proposed solutions
• Producing high quality, performant and well-documented code adhering to secure coding principles
• Understand CloudFormation templates (Infrastructure as Code/ IaC)
• Have an understanding of all relevant AWS services we currently use or may leverage in the future
• Provide input on technical designs, learning to recognise potential performance and security issues early in their lifecycle
• Manage work using both Scrum and Kanban Agile methodologies, supporting continuous improvements in team productivity whilst sensibly managing risks and issues
• Support releases through to production, identifying and implementing improvements to our Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/ CD) processes where relevant
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience in engineering and delivering enterprise wide end to end solutions focusing on Cloud based technologies, specifically AWS
• Experience of migrating from traditional on premise architecture to Cloud based solutions specifically utilising AWS Cloud technologies
• Relevant AWS certification specific to the role or in the process of studying for one (e.g. Cloud Practioner, Developer or Architect)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of contact centre technologies including inbound and outbound telephony, IVR, Webchat, email handling, and voice biometrics and voice analytics
• Competence in the execution of substantial IT delivery programmes from inception through delivery
• Application architecture skills, understanding the benefits of using key AWS services and how they can be integrated
• Proven experience of system integration, API design and API management and experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Tay House nestled in a fantastic central city location, a short walk from both Central and Charing Cross train stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free