What are you going to do:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join as an intern with a small and busy external affairs team. You will be reporting into the Head of External Affairs and working within a wider external affairs team. The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Work alongside the wider external affairs, marketing and internal comms team.
- Identify potential media opportunities to promote Turning Point or the senior leadership team.
- Write, sign off and send out press releases, statements, letters and blogs (proactively and reactively).
- Preparing accurate records of Turning Point media coverage for monthly and bi-annual reports.
- Manage social media presence on a variety of platforms, creating content for TP pages as well as for the Chief Executive.
- Writing up case study from all business units interviews ready for journalist and external stakeholders.
- Write summaries and briefings on key policy issues and developments.
- Aid in drafting responses to government consultations.
- Helping organise meetings of the APPG on Complex Needs and Dual Diagnosis.
- Planning and scheduling output though managing forward planner.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong editing and proof reading skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Enthusiastic and a team player ready to join a welcoming and friendly organisation
- Compassionate and empathetic to the challenges facing many of the people we support.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload.
- Interest in learning about the health and social care sector.
Desirable: Knowledge/experience of drug and alcohol problems, mental health problems and learning disability or autism would be an advantage.
Desirable: Previous experience in PR, marketing, journalism or policy (no minimum time).
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, then Turning Point is for you.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
This internship aims to provide you with a host of skills and experiences that you can utilise in the future. The benefits and aims of the internship are:
- To provide you with a successful learning experience which will give you the tools to build on existing skills and learn new ones in the world of public relations, media and policy.
- An insight into the third sector and work of a large health and social care organisation.
- An opportunity to create and build contacts.
- Learn more about how government policy affects our daily lives and particularly people with drug and alcohol, mental health problems and people with learning disability or autism.
- Gain experience working with parliamentary and other stakeholders to advance the aims and ambitions of Turning Point.
What we offer:
- Experience in public relations and policy
- Parliamentary links
- Third sector experience
What we ask:
- Problem solving
- No experience required
- No minimum education required
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Work from home
- Salary indication
£0.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Admin / Secretarial
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required