Childcare worker/ Play worker- Out of school care in Clarkston, Glasgow
Clarkston After School Service is a busy and vibrant out of school care service based in Clarkston, Glasgow. Due to expansion with a new service currently in development, we are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated staff to join our team. In return we offer great working conditions, the opportunity to develop professionally and a competitive rate of pay.
Clarkston After School Service is a small but expanding out of school care service based in Clarkston on the south side of Glasgow. We currently provide a breakfast club and after school service to Carolside, Busby, St Josephs and Netherlee Primary schools, with a further service for Newton Mearns under development and due to open in August 2017. In addition, we provide a holiday service outwith term time.
The post is up to 25 hours per week during East Renfrewshire Council school term time, between the hours of 7.30-9am and 3-6pm Monday to Friday with the option of additional hours during school holidays. Job share applicants welcome. Flexible start date and work pattern available.
The successful candidates must have PVG membership, be registered with SSSC (or eligible to register) and hold a relevant childcare or play-work qualification. Car drivers preferred but not essential.
In return, we offer ongoing training and support and a competitive rate of pay starting at £8.25 (qualified) and £7.20 (unqualified) per hour (pay review pending).
- To provide a high standard of childcare on behalf of parents/carers placing their children in our service.
- To provide stimulating play opportunities/activities for the children in our care, appropriate to the child's age and stage of development.
- To be aware of, and adhere to, the Child Protection Guidelines of the service.
- To be available to work 7.30am-9am and 3.00pm-6pm Monday-Friday during school term time
or within the operating hours of the service.
- To participate in a walking bus to and from school
or accompany and supervise children on bus transport to and from school and during outings.
- To work in co-operation with, and under the guidance and supervision of, the management team.
- To attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To take responsibility, with support from CASS
management, for your own learning and professional development.
- To maintain up to date records relevant to the care of the child (e.g. planned activities, outcomes,
accident/incident reporting etc.)
- To take part in any training deemed or advised as necessary by the management.
- To ensure services provided are non-discriminatory
with respect to gender, race, ethnicity and disability.
- To undertake any duties that the Management or Director of CASS may deem appropriate for the service.
1. Relevant qualification in childcare/play-work, or a willingness to work towards a qualification.
2. Current PVG membership, or ability to join.
3. SSSC registration, or a commitment to join within 6 months of commencement of post.
4. Knowledge of First Aid, REHIS Food Hygiene, Infection Control and Child Protection.
5. Good knowledge of child development 5–16 years.
6. Awareness of the importance of following Child Protection guidelines and also reporting to senior managers.
7. Willingness to undertake any training deemed necessary.
8. Having an understanding of additional support needs.
9. Non-judgmental approach to children and families.
10. Ability to provide activities suitable for all age groups of children.
11. Safety conscious.
12. Good communication skills and an ability to establish rapport and good working relationship with families.
13. Ability to maintain good quality, concise written records.
- Clarkston, Glasgow, Scotland
- £7.20- £8.25 per hour
- Working Hours
- Up to 25 pw during term time, additional hours available during school holidays
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Jobs, Casual Jobs, Full Time Jobs
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Teaching / Instructors / Guides, Counselling and Social Services
- College, Secondary School
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required