Playworkers support young people and adults with disabilities in the unique and pioneering ELHAP Orchard Project. Working at ELHAP is unlike any other job and will help fund your study (it is also great experience for your CV for future jobs).
£8.58 per hour or £15,616 per annum pro rata.
One to five days per week (Monday to Fridays).
Part-time or full-time contract.
Short and long term roles available.
The playworker role (Orchard Project) is perfect for people studying in social sciences, health and related fields.
Established in 1975 and opened in 1977, ELHAP is one of only eight adventure playgrounds for disabled children and young people. For over 39 years we have provided a range of services to disabled children, young people and adults from across North East London and Essex:
The Orchard Project Playworker is a member of the ELHAP integrated staff team, one of a team helping to deliver high quality, creative, well organised but spontaneous Orchard Project. They will help deliver creative and adventurous modules including horticulture, drama, tree management, music, building trades or supported volunteering etc.
You will need:
- GCSE at level A – C in English and mathematics (or equivalent)
- Experience in a social care setting
- Willingness and motivation to develop own skills and proficiency
- A real passion for working outdoors in all weathers
- Ability to organise one's own work, to prioritise tasks and keep to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills to maximize working relationships with the team and other colleagues
- Ability to be flexible and respond effectively to the 'unexpected'
- Excellent communication skills and ability interact effectively with disabled adults and children and young people with a range of needs
- Awareness of sensitive information and the need for confidentiality
- Ability to foster excellent working relationships with colleagues and maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude at all times
- A non judgmental, accepting approach to working with people who may be challenging and the ability to cope in a mature way with conflict, distress and challenging behaviours
Join the ELHAP team today. Please note that you MUST complete the ELHAP online application form (we CANNOT accept CV's only).
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free