What are you going to do
Work with the support of a professional academic team and tried and trusted materials to deliver the EF academic program to classroom groups of up to 17 language students. You’ll be planning lessons that create an inspiring, safe and supportive classroom environment where building your students’ confidence in using the English language is your primary concern. Watching the group bond and their language flourish is rewarding for experienced and novice teachers alike, which is what brings so many of our teachers back year on year.
- Teaching classes following the EF methodology.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Interactive, communicative classroom management of groups of up to 17 students.
- Facilitating and marking final test.
- Daily liaising with colleagues to discuss progress & ongoing lessons.
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attend all teacher meetings.
- Ensuring the EF behaviour code is followed by students at all times and informing management immediately if there are any issues or problems.
- Care and welfare of students including immediate notification of any absence.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Participate in the Graduation ceremony at the end of the course.
What we offer:
- Fun place to work & great Summer Job
- Good pay!
- Career opportunities
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- A knowledge of communicative language teaching techniques for young learners.
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Enthusiastic, organized and a natural leader.
- Highly responsible, approachable and friendly.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- To complete online and the face to face training day before your contract begins.
- One of the following qualifications:
- A State Teacher Credential (PGCE, Bed, MA) plus training in EFL/EAL.
- Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) with teaching or related experience
- Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) blended with a two-day practical.
- Face-to-face TEFL (eg. CELTA, DELTA minimum 100 hours).
Please note that EF offers a sponsored 120 hr Foundation TEFL course with the guarantee of a minimum 3 weeks’ contract during the summer.
* Please only apply to one EF International Language Centers - Summer Camps job, based on your preferred role and location/accommodation type.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 25 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Responsible for
- teaching classes, classroom management, lesson planning
- Type of Job
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required