McCann Worldgroup, along with sister agencies FutureBrand and McCann Health, has developed more than 80 paid internships to help 16- to 24-years-olds enter a career in advertising, media buying and marketing. Backed by the government's Kickstart scheme, the agency network has designed a wide range of interesting and hands-on 6-month internships to help young people gain meaningful experience in the many roles that make up the creative sector.
16- to 24-years-olds who join McCann Worldgroup, FutureBrand and McCann Health London via the Kickstart application process will have the opportunity to gain experience in account management; creative; strategic planning and research; digital production and adaptation; PR; social media; media buying; new business development; HR; IT; operations and finance.
But who is McCann Worldgroup?
McCann Worldgroup is a leading global marketing solutions network whose professionals are united across 100+ countries by a single vision: To help brands earn a meaningful role in people's lives. Within the UK, McCann Worldgroup has offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Milton Keynes and Bristol, working on some highly recognisable campaigns, such as Just Eat with Snoop Dogg, Aldi, Microsoft, Vauxhall and more. With these internships, our aim is to create careers that have a wider impact on the future of our industry and use our platform to nurture the next generation of talent.
What do these jobs actually entail?
It’s often hard to read between the lines of a job description, especially within an industry that is new to you. Here are some highlighted internships McCann Worldgroup are offering with some information on what you can expect from them:
Account Management Intern
- You’ll be supporting our fast-moving and dynamic account management team on campaigns and projects for some of our largest and most awarded clients.
- You’ll work closely with our account management, studio and retouching teams to source images, carry out competitor reviews and produce briefs.
- You’ll get to see your work online and in-store!
- You’ll work with our driven and dynamic social team on our client’s social channels.
- You’ll support with creating content, looking for new trends, engaging online communities and reporting on performance.
- You might be part of our next viral content!
- You’ll be assisting our fast-paced IT department, offering help and support with IT enquiries and providing solutions in a timely fashion.
- You’ll be shadowing those within in the team, learning and building skills in helpdesk support, account creation, assistance in person and remotely and resolving technical issues.
- You’ll get to be a part of an incredibly integral and close-knit team within McCann Worldgroup!
Néstle Global Team Intern
- You’ll be providing coordination and support for one of our biggest and most esteemed clients across 50+ local markets.
- You’ll develop skills in database management, events management and communications, amongst other things.
- You could be part of their next big campaigns!
What we offer
- Flexible, hybrid working both in our state-of-the-art offices and from home.
- Company annual leave, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure.
- Flexible benefits via Perkbox, including discounted gym membership, Cycle 2 Work scheme, purchase additional holiday and access to discounts at hundreds of retailers.
- Season ticket loan.
- Much more!
How can I get involved?
Sounds like something you’d be interested in? Want to kickstart your career in advertising, marketing and media buying? Now is your chance!
Find out more at your local jobcentre – they will help you through the different internships on offer and the process of applying. Applicants need to be receiving or be eligible for Universal Credit to qualify.
To Learn more about McCann Worldgroup UK, visit our website: https://uk.mccannworldgroup.com
Share this article
Tips for Cleaning a Gas Hob in a Convenient Manner
Cooking may be thrilling, but cleaning up the stew or the pasta sauce that spilled on the stovetop is not so much fun. While it may seem...
15 Interesting Things about Web Design You Should Know
Different Browsers disagree on what your website should look like. You might have often wondered why certain websites tend to look...
5 Effective Ways to Start Your Career as a Mobile App...
The future of the Internet is on mobile. New apps emerge every day for entertainment, shopping, business, health, and anything else you...
Register now with StudentJob
Do you want to be kept up to date on the latest jobs for students? Register for free on StudentJob.Register