Traditional learning vs online learning—the debate rages on. The current reality, however, of a pandemic induced house arrest and advancing technology has shown that online learning is the better option in many important ways.
A student survey revealed that 85% of them agree about online learning is as good as or better than attending courses on campus. Online learning has come a long way from reading modules, e-mail assignments, and watching pre-recorded lectures. Now, live virtual classes and interactive features have enriched the classroom experience.
Here are some reasons why online learning is more effective to help you achieve your education and career goals.
- Flexibility of schedule: A traditional 16-week course or an accelerated eight-week course, online courses allow you to set your own learning pace. You can fit it around your work and life to balance everything. It teaches you time management skills without having to give up anything, requires lesser time investment than traditional classes, and gives you more autonomy to control your own schedule.
- Cost-effective: Another reason contributing to the popularity of online learning is cost. The cost can often be a prohibitive factor in enrolling for preferred courses. The ability to work while earning a degree online also incurs less student debt than traditional classroom schooling. Moreover, corporations who wish to encourage their employees to undergo further training courses can do so without budget restrictions. Online courses are easily accessible on much smaller budgets.
- Better learning experience: Online courses allow a more customised learning experience in terms of pace. It is more engaging than classroom learning where frequent assessments reduce distractions, and feedback is more immediate. The autonomy provided by online courses generally creates a comfortable learning environment where students are less likely to get stressed. In fact, online courses have shown much more retention than campus learning.
- Career preparedness: Online courses are a great option to pave the way for career advancement. Learners who work can apply new knowledge and skills to their job immediately. You can improve your technical skills in real-time. There are infinite skills and subjects to learn without physically setting foot on a university campus. Besides, it is an excellent way to get comfortable with technology preparing you for the changing workforce.
- Self-development: Online courses require responsibility on the part of the learner. It thus improves self-discipline and self-motivation skills, an advantage when you enter the workplace. It is also a great leveller for introverted personalities where a less stressful environment can take off the pressure for participation.
Preference of the future
The value in online education has been recognised in the past years steadily. A 2012 study from Babson/College Board showed that 77% of educators believed that online education was at par with classroom-based educational offerings. A more recent study conducted in 2019 by the Santa Clara University revealed that more than 50% of students were satisfied with and preferred all aspects of online courses compared to campus learning. Similarly, employers are also appreciating the value in online degrees, as long as they come from properly accredited institutions.
A large number of students are turning to online learning courses because they have become a better way to learn. Access to quality education is guaranteed, as long as you have access to a computer. If you are serious about learning new skills and gaining valuable qualifications, Learning Cloud Australia is the most effective place to start.
Share this article
How to Find a Career With a History Degree
If you’re considering studying history at university, you may have heard a few concerns from family and friends. Many people say it’s...
10 Tips For Students To Take Successful Lecture Notes
Although you may think that no one needs to take lecture notes these days, this is still a very important skill required for catching up...
5 Ways to Protect Your Cryptocurrency from Hackers
Cryptocurrencies are becoming more popular, and their prices continue to surge, meaning they're often targeted by hackers. Cybercriminals...