When thinking of the top cities to visit in Europe, London is always right up there. This is why all students must have a bucket list. However, in a city like London, it is always hard to determine what restaurants, museums, tourist attractions, or nightclubs are best for students. Being a student means keeping the price relatively affordable but still be able to experience as much as one can. As one of the most well-known cities in the world, London boasts a lot of attractions thanks to its diverse and charming atmosphere. It is one of those cities that is so unique in terms of how people can easily accommodate themselves to the city whether they are aristocrats or regular folk.
It is always exhausting for a student to make sure they have covered the majority of the attractions in London plus having the best time possible while making sure one doesn't burst their budget. This is why in this London bucket list for students we reveal the affordable, fun, and cute places a student experiences.
Things to do in London for students
Are you a student that just moved to London or came to visit with your friends and you are struggling in finding what to do? Well, you are in luck as here are some things to do in London for students. You will never get bored in a city like London where there is always something to do. During the day, you can visit:
- Notting Hill where you can find yourself strolling around the Portobello Road Market to browse for treasures and souvenirs, and see the colorful Victorian houses making it a hotspot for Instagram pictures!
- The Tate Modern: if you are someone who enjoys modern art and loves to see different types of artists, highly recommend the Tate Modern museum with its astounding exhibitions.
- The Seven Dials District: Look around this hip neighborhood and drop into Chick`n Sours which serves up the most delicious chicken or head to Home Slice for its yummy pizza!
- Hamleys Toy Shop: Located in Regent Street, this establishment has every toy you can think of and is one of the biggest and best-known stores of its kind in all of England, if not the world.
- Selfridges: if you want a day of shopping and luxury, even just to look at, the best place to go in a city full of fine retail emporiums is always Selfridges
- Hyde, Brockwell, and St.James Parks: on a nice day, pack a picnic lunch and chill at these parks with their grassy meadows and relaxing ambiance!
However if you want something more touristy to get to know the city, you can:
- Take a boat down the river Thames to Greenwich
- See the Big Ben
- Visit Piccadilly Circus
- Go to Soho
- Buckingham palace
- Covent Garden
- London Eye
Hungry and want a snack, brunch, or dinner? But you don't know where to go? Check out the groovy options below:
- Bread ahead for delicious doughnuts
- Milk Train
- Violet café bakery
- Baigel bake on brick lane for the classic best London bagels
- Boroughs market
Is your stomach demanding brunch and you want something cute and cozy but also affordable? Try these options:
- Granger & co
- The Good Egg
- Peggy Porschen
- Palm Vaults
- Farm Girl
Starving for a good meal to end the night? Check out which restaurant vibes with you best:
- Spring Restaurant (the scratch menu which is a 3 course menu for £25 available between 5:30-6:30)
- Brasserie Zedel
- Dirty bones
Nightlife in London for students
Now that you have finished your early evening activities and had a scrumptious dinner, you are starting to get into a social and clubbing mood, but maybe asking where to go? This is a must for your London bucket list check out some nightlife activities in London for students:
Need a drink to start off the night? We got the best bars for you:
- Cahoots London for cocktails
- La Bodega Negra
- The Pink Chihuahua
Ready to go out and have a funtastic time? We got you covered with the best clubs in London:
- Cirque le soir
- Baller Ballerson
- Tape London
To achieve your London bucket list, you may need a job! Check our vacancies in London for students. Don't forget to check out our website for vacancies in London!
Share this article
7 Fiction Books to Help You Find Inner Peace
Seeking inner peace is choosing to be in a state of conscious calmness despite life’s unavoidable stressors. It focuses on honing your...
Certification Path To Every Microsoft Azure Certification
In the year 2018, Microsoft introduced a new set of certifications that has changed the modern technology world - Microsoft Azure...
Top Tips for Students Moving to the UK
Whether you are planning to live on- or off-campus and will be studying in the UK, we have some easy solutions for you that will simplify...
Register now with StudentJob
Do you want to be kept up to date on the latest jobs for students? Register for free on StudentJob.Register